***Come link up your crafts to this week's party!***

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Flower Bobby Pins

Happy Thursday All! I hope your week is going well! This week my project is super quick and simple, which is a huge bonus because we are crazy busy!

So, I'm growing out my bangs. Since my hair is curly I used to have to straighten them every day or they looked weird. Well, that's way too high maintenance for me, so I'm growing them out to avoid  dealing with them. Here's the problem with that, they aren't long enough yet and they're in my face all the time, which it super annoying. I've been pinning them back, but I wanted to add a little something so that my go-to hair style [not sure it classifies as an actual style] is not so boring.

Enter, the fabric flower. Seriously, I feel like you can class up just about anything with a fabric flower.

So, here's what I gathered:


1. Glue gun
2. Fabric scraps
3. Scissors
4. Bobby pins with round bezels from Hobby Lobby (I think I got a pack of them for $2)

Follow this or any of the other gazillion fabric flower tutorials on the web to end up with this:


Then put a generous glob of hot glue on the back center of the flower and press into the bezel, and you get this:



See, told you it was quick and simple...and cheap! Two dollars and ten minutes later, I had two new hair accessories. My kind of project.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this short-and-sweet post.

Have a lovely week!


P.S. Linking up here.

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! I actually made some of these this past weekend. LOVE them for my little girl's hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I will have to try these :) They look good on in your hair too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I'll be trying some of these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making these. My daughter gets so excited when she sees all of the little flowers, but she never wants me to actually hook them to the bobby pins... she just wants to play with them.

    I just pinned this to the Pomp Party Board. Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! So glad to have you at Things I've Done Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so pretty and sweet! My 14yr old grandaughter loves to wear the embellished bobby pins. I must make her some, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love fabric rosettes :) these are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea to put these on a pin! Love it!
    Come by sometime :)
    Catherine
    http://tbc-tobecontinued.blogspot.com/2012/04/crafty-mothers-day-ideas.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are adorable! I need to make some! I would love for you to share this (and any other creations) at Pin It & Win It Wednesday @ www.cheapcraftymama.com (open now!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to use bobby pins with pretty little updates. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so cute :) These would make a great craft party project. quick, easy, cheap, and adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely need to try this. They are so sweet. I love the colors. Thanks so much for sharing at Whimsy Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    I followed you over from Whimsy Wednesday Link Party. Love these bobby pins. My 17yr old daughter is always making clips and bows for her hair. She will love these too.

    I would love to invite you to share this, and any other posts you would like to, at my Creative Thursday Link Party at www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. (Runs through Monday each week)

    Have a great day,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooooh...so pretty! You should sell these :) A great solution for that awkward bang stage!

    ReplyDelete